Audio book status

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Fri May 7 04:09:28 PDT 2004

Joelle wrote:
> How about a children's book which offered Harrison's idea of making a
> space large enough for all the voices, and all the points of view?
> I could see something with animals, bumping out the circle to make
> space for large and small animals and all their different voices and
> needs . . .
> Thanks for your thought-provoking questions!

A book with animals ...  Talk about thought-provoking!!!

My guess is that children would "get it" really quickly.
They might consider opening the space not just for other people, but
for Nature.  (The opening of space seems to be a process that takes
place *inside* each person, as well as outside in the group.)
Parents who read the stories to children may learn a lot.
What would be the explicit values of open source?
The story would have questions like "what do you imagine the lion would
write and put on the board?"
I can even imagine a circle of toys.
"Issues" can be drawings.
The convenor can be the smallest animal.

Lots of work.
Would the children learn "wrong lessons"?  How to prevent that?

How would it be done?
Individual work and craft?
This list then wiki?
An open space gathering and the book(s) get done in one weekend?
A friendly competition of artwork?

Please share.
http://www.creativecommons.org
http://www.primarilypublicdomain.org