Access Queen asks: who would like to coordinate a silent auction for the AQ Fund?

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Mon May 10 10:16:11 PDT 2004

Hello, dear colleagues -

At OSonOS in "Swenmark" last August we hosted our first-ever Silent
Auction (people offer goods and services; others offer money to try to
out-bid each other to buy them and donate that money to the cause) to
raise money for the Access Queen Fund.  It was delightful - featuring
services, crafts, books and CDs by our colleagues and more.

Chris Corrigan recommends we try this on-line, as well, on the OSLIST.

I cannot coordinate this as my 'plate is a bit full' (as they say in the
States) - would someone like to volunteer to take over this first-ever
on-line auction?

To stimulate this idea, dear Chris has donated his CD of traditional
Irish music, "In the Heather" to the auction.

(You can see a photo of him playing his flute with fellow OS participant
Eamon Keenan of Belfast, Northern Ireland during our Practice of Peace
OS gathering last November at:
http://www.openingspace.net/gallery/agora.cgi?cart_id=723118.13278*wx3HS
8
<http://www.openingspace.net/gallery/agora.cgi?cart_id=723118.13278*wx3H
S8&next=42&exact_match=on&product=Practice_of_Peace>
&next=42&exact_match=on&product=Practice_of_Peace  )

Let me know and together we can think up a process for coordinating this
wonderful, creative and worthy event.

Thank you,

Lisa

("Silent" Auction is what this is often called - as items are displayed
and people write down their bids on cards during an event, rather than
having an auctioneer yell out items and bids *as* the event.  I guess
many of your own activities online are already silent, unless you have
streaming audio or a radio or you sing to yourself as you type, or in
Joelle's case, as a crow (a large black bird with a loud voice) sits in
your window and tells you what's what.)

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
O p e n i n g  S p a c e