Be the Change Event

Colin Morley morleyc1 at btopenworld.com
Sun May 9 04:08:29 PDT 2004

I have mentioned this event in a previous posting and wanted to both let you
know about it - www.bethechange.org.uk <http://www.bethechange.org.uk/>  -
and learn from any responses.  As you can see below this is a participative
event with speakers and Open Space on day 3.  This format may not be ideal
from an Open Space point of view - it is a compromise that gives
participants access to new learning and an opportunity to participate in a
group learning and change process.  Open Space seems like by far the best
approach to the third day even if it would have been better to have had the
whole event in Open Space.

We have over 150 people booked and probably 200-250 expected to take part,
although some people will leave at the end of day 2.  There will be fast
internet links, including some planned to several other events that are
going on in other places.

To me the theme that is precious about this event is the idea that we can
change the world by changing ourselves and by providing new insights and
leadership without blame.

I have lots of ideas and thoughts about facilitating this and would welcome
any input that you can give.

Best wishes to you all

Colin Morley

The Programme -

WEDNESDAY, MAY 19

9AM  REGISTRATION BEGINS

9.30 start
10.00  Frank Dixon
            Don Beck

1.30 lunch
2.30 Lynne Twist
        Hafsat Abiola
6.00    close

8.30 movie - WHAT THE BLEEP, Renoir Cinema

THURSDAY, MAY 20

9.30 start
10.00  Elisabet Sahtouris
            Alan Watkins

1.30 lunch
2.30  Martin Palmer & Moosa Raza
         Jim Garrison
6.00  close

Evening: Fierce Wisdom: Concert with Chloe Goodchild  (link to
www.thenakedvoice.com)

FRIDAY, May 21 - Action/Planning day

9.30 start
10:00  Open Space