delete function

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Wed Mar 31 23:47:06 PST 2004

as said before not meaning to be unkind. perhaps my views are formed a
bit quicker than some here because i spend more hours than i dare count
working on os tech things. as i say, i considered the delete function a
couple weeks ago, when the issue first arose. i never meant and don't
recall to say that a list without an archive is unnatural... only that
our does have an archive... and has for some years... and it is a
treasure trove of insights and stories and that i would like it
shared... and that seems to be in line with much of what i've been
hearing on and off the list. i didn't care to do anything with this
whole list issue in the first place... somebody else brought it up and i
said i knew the folks who could do it... i inquired about the change
and, as i said in the very beginning here, they made the change
directly, without confirming, rather than just reporting on the
feasibility. as i described... i was glad for the quick and easy service
and didn't want to trouble the boise state staff with undoing and
redoing the move... so i let it stand... none of this was my idea in the
first place.... i'm just here trying to pick a path that (1) i can
technically accomplish and (2) doesn't get me in too much trouble with
anyone. sometimes i miss. sorry.

Therese Fitzpatrick wrote:

> You derisively dismiss the idea of a delete function, Michael. I think
> you
> could disagree without ridicule. It seems like no one can post a word on
> this list serv that disagrees from your position in any way without
> eliciting an overbearing, often derisive, response from you.
>
> Recording every single solitary word ever posted on a list serv is no
> more
> natural than not doing so. There is no right way to do anything but you,
> Michael, seem to think there is: your way only.

> MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page – FREE
> download! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/

> Visit:

Michael Herman
Michael Herman Associates