Butterfly effect

Marei Kiele MareiKiele at web.de
Mon Mar 22 16:10:00 PST 2004

Dear Doug,

yes, I have given a thought to this coincidence before.

And then I stopped to enter deeper into the subject because -
for me it is so wonderful not to burden the butterflies
with too much sense or usefulness.

And to just let them be beautiful.

Feeling the flapp of a wing out there tonight...
Marei

"Douglas D. Germann, Sr." <76066.515 at compuserve.com> schrieb:
> Hi--
>
> For some reason the postings on OSlist this morning
> triggered the idea of "the Butterfly Effect."
>
> This is the scientific notion that small changes in initial
> conditions in say weather, can make huge changes in outcomes.
> Thus it is said that a butterfly flapping its wings in China
> today can cause a tornado in Kansas in two months.
>
> Has anyone given any thought to the convergences and
> divergences of the Butterfly Effect and the effects of
> "butterflies" in our Open Spaces?
>
> It has always been difficult for me to understand the role
> of butterflies in OST, and perhaps this might actually give
> us another handle on the subject....
>
>                               :-Doug. Germann
>
> Ordinary people talk, extraordinary people happen.
> It's not what you expected, is it?
> (Footprint in the Wind/sm # 461)

> Visit:

Wenn wir alle tun, was wir wirklich wollen -
wo kommen wir denn da hin?

Marei Kiele
Leben und Arbeiten im open space
Arndtstr. 43