Search Keywords

chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Sat Mar 20 11:48:49 PST 2004

The archive for education is excellent

I'd be interested in the biggest change movements in public or
government or international causes where open space has helped turn
opinion
or give sustainable voice to action networks with clarification as to
the extent that youth were involved since I've got a feeling that
knitting
together youth movements may be the best chance we have of turning the
whole world round. Part of my point is to know where we also have
continuing contacts
in these areas with our 80 country reach- perhaps some of this always
needs privacy whereas another side needs celebrating. When youth in a
country
emerge to say they want to do something , how do we channel that into
open space but in a safe a way ; how do we take a humanitarian idea in a
country from
minority to mainstream? There seems to be a dichotomy between youth in
rich cities wanting to help youth in poor countries and youth in poor
countries not knowing who to trust to get help. Perhaps I don't quite
know how to classify projects in these subsectors of peacemaking as well
as may be needed if others who are trying to
reconcile these issues are going to get open space.

Perhaps a way to specify would be to communicate someone who I am sure
could help if she got the idea -unless we have already tried , what are
the 10 most relevant cases in the world of open space that would
convince Mary Robinson to start helping eg youth everywhere to open
space on the issues she's holding the space for at
http://www.egintitiative.org  . Basically if we could get one person
like her interested then we could ask others like those nominated on the
c100  West-East reconciliation initiative of the world economic forum to
come out - are they really interested? or? or?

Chris Macrae

Apart from www.practiceofpeace.com <http://www.practiceofpeace.com/>
and www.eginitiative.org <http://www.eginitiative.org/>   the
meta-network spaces that I currently see similar worldwide patterns
include
 are www.collapsingworld.org <http://www.collapsingworld.org/>
www.transcend.org <http://www.transcend.org/>   www.gan-net.net
<http://www.gan-net.net/>    www.simpol.org <http://www.simpol.org/>
www.wdm.org.uk <http://www.wdm.org.uk/>
 -other world or local pattern matches always interest me if you want to
chat either across list, or to me at wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk