Searchable OSLIST - Need Some Keywords

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 17 16:12:51 PST 2004

Interesting and yet it also feels to me like a violation of my own sense of
community. I have posted to the list almost since the beginning. For years,
my posts were very personal because I didn't understand about lists and
thought the community on the list was a real community for me. And then I
learned my assumptions were wrong. I never could get the 'givens' about the
list clarified. And now, to know that what I had written from my heart to
the list is definitely beyond the list community just doesn't feel good. I
have loved this community and a real sense of community. Was the material
posted from our hearts ever meant for the world? It is an interesting
question. What happens when a community won't (or isn't given the
opportunity to work at) sort out the 'givens' for itself so that we know
what we are involved in and what we are not? What happens when someone just
by a 'switch' can change the parameters.

Whatever I contributed over the years was meant for this list.

Birgitt