Search Keywords

kerry napuk k at napuk.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 11:11:01 PST 2004

Dear Michael

I suggested the possibility of creating accessible archives for
specific applications of Open Space, starting with education, which
grew into a wiki wiki initiative based on your work on interactive
sites.  We now have an embryo archive for education which can be
visited by going to the following:

http://www.openspaceworld.org/network/wiki.cgi?OpenSpaceinEducation

Following this thinking, could we access archives on other
applications, such as healthcare, communities, voluntary
organizations/charities, government (central and local), politics &
democracy etc?  What other subject areas would people suggest?  More
importantly, would people post their stories to designated sites?

The purpose of organizing around applications was twofold: it
promotes process credibility by allowing potential sponsors to see
what others have done and practitioners to learn from experiences of
other facilitators.  Moreover, the interactivity of the wiki wiki
allows "dead" material to be brought back to life.

This could be a very exciting innovation for our Open Space World and
particularly people using the OSLIST.  As much of the OSLIST material
is very fleeting, it is reassuring to know that the archives would
remain available.

I also feel this opportunity is very compatible with Harrison's
philosophy and shared by many others about giving the process to the
World.  If the process is available to everyone and truly "open", we
should feel comfortable enriching it with our experiences.

Thank you, Michael, for taking steps to bring the archives alive.
NOW, how do we access them?  How about a simple step-by-step
procedure to tap into this rich resource?

Cheers

Kerry
Open Futures
Edinburgh