OS practice sessions

Robyn pov at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 3 16:13:14 PST 2004

Hi

A couple of years ago, at a training seminar with Michael Hermann in
Western Australia, Brendan McKeague and I postulated 'Keeping the Space
Open'(KTSO) OS practice/demonstration sessions. Last night we hosted our
fourth; the theme was 'Chaos and Conflict at work: issues and
opportunities'. Invitations are sent out through our combined networks
including the local public service. The 3 hour session allows for 2 good
conversations, with opening and closing circles.

As it's at the end of a working day, we provide light, nourishing
appetisers the cost of which is covered by a small fee. We're fortunate
to have access to an excellent and well located venue.

Despite the short duration these sessions, they:
Offer an excellent experience for new facilitators
Offer an experiential opportunity for the curious
Promote the services of OS facilitators, and OS training workshops
Support State Government initiatives to create a culture of
participatory democracy and active citizenship
Provide a place for people to network and converse in a way which many,
according to their feedback, rarely experience

Simple to organise, delightful to attend, good for the healing of this
planet.

Warm regards
Robyn Williams
PERSISTENCE OF VISION