Care and Feeding

Christy Lee-Engel clee-engel at bastyr.edu
Wed Jun 30 11:00:39 PDT 2004

Thank you, Doug, Joelle, Jack and all for empathy and stories about open
space in the classroom!  Jack, that is such a wonderful image you
describe: "...everyone goes around and expresses love for learning how
to learn..."

I forgot to mention that in the past few months I have been invited to
some "Open Space conversations" that students have organized on their
own, usually off-campus at one of their homes. I haven't been able to
attend any of them yet, so I don't know what parts of the OST format
they've adopted, if any--and I guess it doesn't matter so much.  It is
exciting to me that they have felt some effect from their experience of
Open Space and are choosing to participate in further opening.

Christy

Christy Lee-Engel, ND, LAc
Assistant Dean
School of Naturopathic Medicine