wisdom of crowds

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 10:57:24 PDT 2004

--- kerry napuk <k at napuk.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> His central concept is that "under the right
> circumstances, groups are remarkably intelligent,
> and are often smarter than the smartest people in
> them."

Very interesting, Kerry. Thanks for the summary.

I wmnder though if a "group" (particularly in the
conditions stated) can be called a "crowd"?

Artur

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:26:51 +0800
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Robyn <pov at iinet.net.au>
Subject: Re: A thought to take us further?

How often are passions stifled by a thick dusting of fear, and
responsibility is perceived as fault and shunned.

Deep Ecologist Joanna Macy suggests that apathy is the impotency
experienced because people care a lot, not because they care-less. Many
people have a limited sense of empowerment, personally and collectively.

When a safely held space of possibility is offered, emotions stir and a
sense of daring-do teases the imagination. Responsibility considers the
moment. What is my relationship with this moment? Passion/responsibility
unfolds, flowerlike, pulsing and gliding. Like our hearts and our
breath.

Waxing warmly
Robyn Williams
PERSISTENCE OF VISION