Capturing butterflies...

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Tue Jun 22 20:07:39 PDT 2004

Paul and Artur--

What I saw in the article was perhaps something off in an entirely bizarre
direction!

 << "if you don't capture them right away, they fly away and
 << they're gone forever."
 << ...
 << have to capture them when they fly by.

These lines suggested to me our butterfly friends in open space. They look
lovely. They don't seem to be doing anything. Their numbers and presence
indicate the health of the setting.

But they are also sometimes the most productive part of the event, we hear.
Maybe it is only when we spend time with them, hear their ideas, listen to
what they are listening to, hear why they are not in a particular session,
and do similar non-things, that we start to find and nurture the real value
of the meeting.

It might not be capturing, Artur, but it might be alighting on the same
branch as they... or flying along with them as they fly by... before they
are gone forever....

What do you think? Is there something there?

                              :-Doug.