Renewing the American Experiment

EVERETT813 at aol.com EVERETT813 at aol.com
Wed Jul 28 19:34:11 PDT 2004

In a message dated 7/28/04 4:58:18 PM, bjp1 at cox.net writes:

> I urge all of you to read his lengthy piece thoughtfully at the website
> above. I invite you to think about and plan ways we can, individually
> and collectively, create and share different stories that might renew
> the American Experiment. And I'd love to hear your thoughts on this
> list.
>
> Be Peace --BJ

Dear BJ:

I am in agreement that Korten's writing is powerful and people who wish to
should read it (I read much of the website, took several hours).   I strongly
differ with you that this OS List should be used as a forum for the discussion
of Korten's viewpoints or basic thesis---that the future of the United States
has been hijacked by a band of elitists (right wing at that, although he tries
to make the case that it is elitists in general who are against those
advancing the American Experiment, yet he doesn't mention left wing extremists) and we
true democrats need to take it back.   That will provoke some strong
differences about which we can do little on this board and is a serious diversion from
our discussions herein.   I believe that we should let those who are
interested (I am) go to his website and join in the various discussions there while
keeping this site focussed on Open Space and its advancement in effectiveness
and understanding.   Certainly the emerging discussion around OS as a "half-way"
technology should be challenging enough to keep us very busy developing a
more inclusive story that includes strong(er) outcomes.

Sincerely,

Paul Everett