Is there a need to hold space for people to ask the question, "what'

chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Sun Jul 18 17:33:48 PDT 2004

I wonder if it could be a bit simpler. I feel that many global
organisations have lost the values I would most wish contextualising an
open space, self-organising and networking age

Love of context being one
-connecting individual and organisational context
-valuing context true behaviours before other measures

Transparency another
-look for next conflict it and resolve before it compounds across system
look for gaps between silos , especially silos of organisations (the
opposite of economic profiteering from externalities)

Open ( ie the way that learning can multiply beyond zero-sum)

If we could list and profile strands of the (say) 5 values we believe
make for the most human and sustainable organisations, we might find
these values map back from what we rate as progress when an open space
delivers outstanding organisational or communal progress

For sure there's an aspect of evolutionary newness this, but to the
extent that many big organisations have lost trust and humanity, there
is also something as old as humanity , truth, love itself that needs
restoring

In fact if you ask a few friends to describe leaders who they most
treasured working with, the qualities of what humans want from leaders
are as old as the hills, its just these qualities seem to be getting
rarer and rarer wherever people are under time pressure and don't
respect the human in the relationships of organisation

Chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk, www.valuetrue.com