Help for poor Ralph

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 13 07:04:19 PDT 2004

Harrison:

Sorry to came back to this "principle", but it was not
my iniciative ;-)

--- Harrison Owen <hhowen at comcast.net> wrote:

> Ralph -- I have only known you for more years that I
> care to remember. And
> never have I found you to be at a loss for words or
> explanations. The
> problem with Principle #2 (Whatever happens. . .) is
> simply that it is too
> simple for your complex mind. A blinding flash of
> the obvious, as it were.
> It simply acknowledges the fact that what is going
> on is going on.

The point is, IMHO, that the statement "Whatever
happens is the only thing that could have" DOES NOT
mean exactly that (or only that, if you prefer).

As a "principle of OST" what you are saying should
read: "Whatever happens is the only thing that
happens", or, maybe even better, "whatever happened is
the only thing that happened" (because we only know
what happened afterwords).

Maybe a more detailed description could be "in the
conditions defined (theme, diversity, openess of the
space, etc, etc) "Whatever happens...".

But the two expresions I am suggesting are truisms and
one does not need to express them...

But the main problem is that it is very easy to
extrapollate from a "principle of OST" to a "principle
of reality" (or a "principle of Spirit", if you
prefer) - expecially has you had the iniciative to
make that extrapolation yourself somewhere. And then
your statement means that "everything is equally
acceptable" (including nazism, or bushism, or the
9/11, or...).

As a "principle of Spirit" this principle denies
responsability, accountability, ethics and "livre
arbitrium" (what is the equivalent in English?)

Artur

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail