Silence

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Tue Jan 27 08:12:24 PST 2004

Chris & All:

I agree with the importance of the "sponsor" who is chosing to have the
space opened in her/his/their organization or community to begin the
event  -- as the elders did.  I have had sponsors from various
traditions begin with song, prayer, silence, smudging.  I have had
sponsors set context, make jokes, acknowledge the circle, breath.  I ask
them to begin with the traditions of their organization or community
which clearly acknowledges my role as a "facilitator" or temporary part
of their community.  Certainly in many "secular" settings the traditions
are limited and suggesting a moment of silence for particular reasons is
often done.  But I do think it is the sponsor's call.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada