Priorization process "off-space"

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Fri Jan 23 08:01:24 PST 2004

Dear friends in Open Space
Mid March I will facilitate a one day OS-conference with 150 staff from a
school. Yesterday I facilitated the pre-meeting using Whole Person process,
which I always do. 11 persons took part in this 4 hour meeting and they are
ready to go!

They decided that we will arrange a half-day follow up meeting 2 weeks later
where not everybody will be able to participate but they´ll make sure that
all different personelcategories will be represented. I am thinking of the
design for this whole thing.

I don´t like to facilitate the convergence at the end of day one as people
will not be able to read the proceedings before. So either one could do
convergence at the beginning of day 2 or, another possibility is that all
staff could get the possibility to vote inbetween. First I was thinking
about doing it via email but now I got an idea that one could put up all
reports in some space at the school and let them do the dotting there
whenever they´ve got time. Maybe they could also have the possibility to
write which reports they think could be grouped together.

If this is done before day 2 we could do a kind of opening/morning news
thing and then two sessions of actionplanning + closing.

Any thoughts? Experiences you´d like to share, I´d appreciate very much!
Warmest regards
Thomas Herrmann         Phone +46 (0)709-98 97 81
Open Space Consulting   Fax   +46 (0)300-713 89
Pensévägen 4
434 46 Kungsbacka, Sweden
Email: thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
www.openspaceconsulting.com
Vill du skapa en välmående och effektiv organisation
och ta tillvara hela dess potential?

Open Space Consulting erbjuder dig:
* Lärtillfällen kring hälsa och balans i organisationer
* Analyser av organisatorisk hälsa och balans
* Handledning av effektiva och kreativa möten och konferenser
* Utbildning av mötes- och processhandledare
* Coaching för organisationer i förändring
Vårt antivirusskydd scannar alla utgående mail. Infekterade mail stoppas
automatiskt.