Silence

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 25 17:52:47 PST 2004

RE: Silence

Angeles Arrien, in her teachings on what is universal amongst indiginous
peoples around the world, says that there are four 'healing salves' to heal
wounds--dancing, singing, stories, and silence. When she is assisting people
with their soul retrieval work, to assist them in knowing how to heal---she
asks "when did you stop dancing? when did you stop singing?when did you stop
being enchanted by story? and when did you start to fear silence. The
remedies of course are to start dancing again, to start singing again, to
start listening to and telling stories again, and to start embracing silence
again. These are foundational healing salves amongst all peoples. And so,
with the dance that OST does with life, they would all be foundational for
OST and other well done participatory processes.

This work also reminds me to be very compassionate in using dance, singing,
story, and silence. Some of the people in the group may be very wounded in
their ability to participate at a deep core level.

Birgitt