Silence

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Jan 23 11:07:05 PST 2004

Doug--

At the Practice of Peace conference on Whidbey Island, each morning (and many
individual sessions) started with silence.

One colleague regularly asks for a couple of silent minutes at the beginning
of meetings, and when asking a group to discuss an important topic--this, in
the environment of a large manufacturing corporation.

My personal silence often happens as I walk in the woods or along the
water--my chattering mind chatters a bit and then falls silent.

You are right; these are rich moments.

Joelle