An OS experience and a question for advice

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 19 08:03:21 PST 2004

Hi Doris,
it sounds to me as though you have had internal discussions (within
yourself) of all of the key points of facilitating an OST meeting as someone
that is inside of the system. You have already concluded that you are not
going to take part in the subgroups and it seems that you have also
discussed this with the other sponsors. It sure sounds to me as though you
are very ready.

People from within the system facilitate OST meetings on a very regular
basis and it works just fine, so long as they do not participate in the
sub-groups but stay to the role of holding the space for the people to do
their work. In the Conscious Open Space Organizations, it is common for
someone from one department to facilitate the OST meeting of another
department. In fact, we encourage that this facilitation be from within the
system rather than hiring external facilitators.

All the best with your ongoing explorations with the Open Space of the world
and with Open Space Technology.

Blessings to you and to all with whom you make Genuine Contact,

Birgitt

Birgitt Williams of Dalar International Consultancy
www.dalarinternational.com

We provide inspirational and practical “how to” guidance for leaders who
want to achieve healthy and balanced organizations to produce exciting,
tangible results for the organization and for its people.

View the calendar for upcoming training in the Organizational Health and
Balance series of workshops featuring the Genuine ContactÔ program at
http://www.openspacetechnology.com/training.html

We invite you to join the Genuine Contact list serve at
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/genuinecontact

Contact information for Dalar International Consultancy: Po Box 19373,
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 27619 Raleigh, North Carolina USA
Phone: 919-522-7750     Fax: 919-870-6599

Founders of the Wellness Revolution for Organizations

Founders of the International Alliance for Mentoring

Creators of the Organizational Health and Balance series of workshops
featuring the Genuine ContactÔ program