urban design charrettes & OS

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 12 09:47:06 PST 2004

I think you are right Jennifer, that it would be great to start off using
OST.

I have facilitated Open Space Technology meetings that achieved the same
result--an architect's design. The key is in knowing how to Work With Open
Space Technology beyond just doing the facilitation. When the prework is
done well, and the givens are clarified including the architectural givens,
the OST meeting including its convergence/action planning can provide all
the info needed for the architect or landscape architect to do his/her
design with the special architect/landscape architect skills.

The first time this was done was work that I did together with landscape
architect Virginia Burt. The resulting design  won an American Landscape
Architect Award.

Blessings,

Birgitt