stephen covey, open space and blogging

Malcolm Allan malcolm.allan at atleadership.com
Sun Feb 8 03:48:10 PST 2004

I was struck by Michael's comment on how one gives another person
purpose. My own take on this, which comes from working with corporate
clients is, through helping them "meet" with their people in an open
space, they can move towards aligning their respective purposes. We all
have purpose inside us and when we collectively meet as a team or as a
corporation we form collective purpose through the alignment of self
with team or corporation. When we do so our collective purpose is what
we become known for and it is the basis of our individual and corporate
reputations. We become our own and our corporation's brand. I have
recently written on this subject and a copy of the two page article is
attached for those who are interested in the interplay between brand,
leadership, people and reputation.

Malcolm

Managing Director
Authentic Transformational Leadership Limited

We enable individuals, teams, organisations, places and governments to
realise their talent for leadership

Phone +44(0)1342 305 010
Mobile +44(0)7736 674 143
malcolm.allan at atleadership.com