Opening Space for the Wold youth Peace Summit

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Thu Feb 5 06:01:43 PST 2004

Kerry Wrote:  Could you please get a breakdown of the regional events
and various contact people at the World Youth Peace Summit and post on
the OSLIST?    Maybe, members of the OSLIST could volunteer on a pro
bono basis as facilitators?   Sounds like one for the "Open Space Peace
Corps!"

Kerry that is a great suggestion, but a little time may be needed before
taking advantage of it. Truth of the matter is that I am not totally
clear on how much Open Space they want, and where they want it. So we
are pretty much at Step I of the client consultation process. I have
asked several old colleagues and friends (Karen Davis, Ralph Copleman,
and Michael Pannwitz) who happen to be in or accessible to the proposed
sites to work with me on figuring out exactly what the "Summit Folks"
might want, and how we might best serve them. Given the strength and
dedication of this OS community, I had no question that once we knew
where we were going and what was required there would be helping hands
in abundance. I have to say that I have been a little overwhelmed by the
response to my query, but not surprised. I also have to confess to a
warm sense of pride (nasty thing :-)) in the fact that we (all of us)
have basically fielded a global team on a 24 hour turn around. A very
useful lesson/accomplishment, but I think we may have left the client a
little breathless. So we need a moment for them to catch their breath -
all the while knowing that given a clear direction (specifics and
details) the resources are there to do what ever may be required. Pretty
impressive, I would say. There are precious few major consulting
companies that could do this - and "we" aren't even a company! So hang
in there, and we will see what happens, remembering of course that
whatever it might be - that's the only thing that could have. Or
something.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093
<http://www.openspaceworld.com/>
To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit:
Could you please get a breakdown of the regional events and various
contact people at the World Youth Peace Summit and post on the OSLIST?
Maybe, members of the OSLIST could volunteer on a pro bono basis as
facilitators?   Sounds like one for the "Open Space Peace Corps!"

Cheers

Kerry
Open Futures
Edinburgh