Opening Space for the Wold youth Peace Summit

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Tue Feb 3 07:38:24 PST 2004

I have been approached by the organizers of the World Youth Peace Summit
about the possibility of opening space for their several gatherings,
including the final one in Kenya next October. This could be a biggie
with 3000-5000 projected participants. This Peace Summit is the youth
follow-on for the Peace Summit in 2000. As with most of these things,
the ideals and intentions seem wonderful - we will have to wait and see
about the execution. So I am not holding my breath, but I have committed
to do what I can. And, one of the regional gatherings is slated for
Brazil in July - exact dates and venue TBD. I know we have some
"spaceniks" in that great country, but the names and emails have escaped
me so far. Not unlike many other important details, the capacity of my
aging memory does not seem to be what it once was. So - if there is
anybody out there who is interested, let me hear from you. I am assuming
that there will be some level of budgetary support, but zero information
on the amounts. Ordinarily, programs like this are not buried in money.
But the ideals are glorious, and I did say I would help. So if you can
help me help, that will be wonderful!

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093
<http://www.openspaceworld.com/>
To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: