Academics from different disciplines

Jeff Aitken tzimtzum at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 2 16:28:28 PST 2004

Peg:

John Adams facilitated the "Saybrook 25 years later" conference using OST in 2000 - a gathering of "human sciences" scholars and practitioners - i heard it went really well. Anybody on the list who was present?

I recall hearing about some attention to the issue of people with higher and lower levels of expertise gathering in breakout sessions.

Here's the url:

http://www.westga.edu/~psydept/os2/

"Old Saybrook 2 is envisaged as a gathering of all the 'expeditionary forces' of humanistic exploration, those from the current classroom, on alumni lists, in practice, at organization and business settings and engaged in theory-research: a grand-celebration and sharing of our 'travel' stories and the import these give to our times and future. Also, like it's forerunner, Saybrook 2 invites its current luminaries from around the world -- recognized and upcoming -- to guide us in formulating those key themes and directions best likely to carry humanistic psychology into the Third Millennium."

-- Jeff Aitken