An ending..and a beginning

Masud Sheikh masheikh at cogeco.ca
Fri Dec 31 10:21:51 PST 2004

While much happened during 2004, the disaster around the Indian Ocean is the
one that defines its ending. This morning, I received a message of hope from
a friend that I wanted to share with you all.

I am deeply saddened and shocked at the incredible devastation in Southeast
Asia from the recent tsunami.  Like many others, I have donated money and
have prayed, and felt compassion for the suffering and loss that so many
have experienced. Tonight, when I was visiting the website for the movie
"What the Bleep do we Know?" I found a call for prayer that uplifted me and
gave me a sense of hope.

Some of us are familiar with the research of Masaru Emoto.  Peter Senge has
used his photos of water crystals in many presentations on spirituality in
the workplace, to show the power of words, thought, and consciousness.  If
you don't know about Emoto's work, I encourage you to learn more.

Masaru Emoto has written a beautiful request for a prayer of love to the
Indian Ocean Rim countries. You can find it at

http://www.whatthebleep.com/releases/?item=tsunami1

There is so much work to be done in the world at this time. We are all
needed, and every little thing we do makes a difference. May the coming year
be a year where we all more deeply fulfill our callings, and learn to be
even more loving and compassionate.

               Prayers can limit the secondary disaster.

                     To everyone in the world,

  let us offer a prayer of love to the Indian Ocean rim countries!!

                                           Masaru Emoto

        President of the Project of Love and Thanks to Water

With my best wishes for a happy and prosperous 2005 to all of you and your
loved ones

And best wishes to the community on this listserv

With love and prayers

Masud Sheikh

There is something called learning at a rather small level of organisation.
At a much higher gestalt level, learning is called evolution - Gregory
Bateson