Open Space education initiative in Haiti

john engle englejohn at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:07:41 PST 2004

Friends and Colleagues:

I just received a report from Ulrick Denis and our mutual colleague, Coleen
Hedglin. Some of you know Ulrick from Practice of Peace Whidbey Island
gathering.

Ulrick and colleagues are involved in an interesting initiative called
Schools Alive!

They are convening teachers, students and others interested in education in
small open space gatherings all around Port-au-Prince on the theme:

“How can we achieve a type of teaching in the classroom which will produce
non-violent, self-motivated, and eager learners?”

To read more, go to:

http://www.openspaceworld.org/network/wiki.cgi?SchoolsAlive

John

http://JohnEngle.blogspot.com - Reflections about Haiti, life, and our work.