Seeking Feedback

Koos de Heer koos at auryn.nl
Mon Aug 2 11:08:50 PDT 2004

Joe,

I don't have experience with your number 2. but I can say something about
number 1: OS as a taste for OS does not work. I tried it once and found out
that there needs to be at least a theme that the crowd feels passionate
about and is willing to take some responsability for. If those conditions
are not met, all you have is an audience with no players. Everybody is
looking for something to happen and nothing happens because everybody is
just looking. And that means there is not much to see and it is really boring.

Best of luck,

Koos

At 10:35 2-8-2004, Joe Bowers wrote:
>I'm wondering if anybody has experience with:
>
>1. Doing a 1hour intro of OS at the beginning of a larger non OS
>conference to give people a taste for OS, eg as one approach which might
>be taken at future conferences.
>
>2. Having OS as one Workshop option at a Conference - so people could
>choose to do traditional workshops or engage in a 2 or 4 hour OS.
>
>Thanks for any input.
>

>Joe Bowers
>The Centre for Success, Health & Happiness
>p: (612) 9858 1569
>m: 0403 395 488
><mailto:joe at successandhappiness.com.au>joe at successandhappiness.com.au
>www.successandhappiness.com.au
>OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To
>subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
>oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:
>http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To learn about
>OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Koos de Heer