Seeking Feedback

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Mon Aug 2 05:37:12 PDT 2004

I would guess that many have tried and very few succeeded. Doing a "demonstration" OS is a loser mostly because there is usually little passion and responsibility -- the usual reaction is "Is that all their is?"  As for OS in the context of a larger meeting (one track sort of thing) -- I have tried it on several occasions -- none of them happily. When faced with the sort of situation (opportunity?) you describe, I will show a video (the USWEST video is great) and take questions. All prefaced with a little history (Been around for 20 years, 50,000+ iterations, now 93 countries etc)

Harrison

--
Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Dr.

I'm wondering if anybody has experience with:
1. Doing a 1hour intro of OS at the beginning of a larger non OS conference to give people a taste for OS, eg as one approach which might be taken at future conferences.
2. Having OS as one Workshop option at a Conference - so people could choose to do traditional workshops or engage in a 2 or 4 hour OS.
Thanks for any input.
Joe Bowers
The Centre for Success, Health & Happiness
p: (612) 9858 1569
m: 0403 395 488
joe at successandhappiness.com.au
www.successandhappiness.com.au

* * ========================================================== OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu: http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To learn about OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist