Of Ethics and OS

Phil Culhane pculhane at magma.ca
Mon Aug 30 11:21:35 PDT 2004

Hmmm...Apparently the OS list didn't want my response either.

Following is my reply to Raffi...

> I'm fascinated by your question, Raffi, and looking forward to the responses from the
> list. I know one consultant who will not work with "defense" related companies (why do
> they call it defence when they spend so much time (and money) on the offensive?...but I
> digress!).
>
> I'm not sure how OS would be used to destructive ends - unless destruction were the goal
> of the group? OS by its very nature is not manipulative - the law of two feet seems to
> take care of any of the self-important people with predetermined agendas, along with the
> open invitation that tends only to invite people with definite passion. If a facilitator
> were to bend or twist the principles and the law, it would all of a sudden stop being
OS.

> Best wishes,
> Phil Culhane
>

> On Aug 30, Raffi Aftandelian <raffi at pochtamt.ru> wrote:
> > I am reposting this as it doesn't seem to have made its way on to the list...

href='http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html'>http://listserv.boisestate.edu/
archives/oslist.html</a>

href='http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist'>http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist</a>