Can we be space invaders ?? - similar experiences

Marei Kiele MareiKiele at web.de
Wed Apr 28 14:41:00 PDT 2004

Ups, red ink, big letters - what does this mean?

"Harrison Owen" <hhowen at comcast.net> wrote:
> ... Such an action (and I have only seen it happen once or twice)...

Dear Harrison,

I am very relieved hearing that you, with all your experiences, have only seen this happen once or twice. I heard about space invaders again and again as if they occured in every third open space but haven't witnessed one yet. I asked myself "How do we decide when to name somebody a space invader" and I always felt uncomfortable with the idea of tagging a person this way. Kind of too easy: "Shut up, you are invading the space" (exaggerating, of course).

And the way you describe your dealing with the situations sounds good to me. Not easy, for sure, but real open space. Making perceptible what is there, what is possible inside an organisation and what is not - sometimes the best thing to do.

Thank you,
Marei