Talking sticks and listening sticks

Christine Whitney Sanchez milagro27 at cox.net
Wed Apr 28 11:58:36 PDT 2004

Alex Kjerulf has this cool little shocking pink foam rubber brain that he
used as a talking/listening object when we opened space at the KaosPilots in
Denmark.  Inspired me to find something that light and portable - found a
great little stuffed bumblebee.  The last OST I facilitated in AZ was
extremely time challenged.  That little bee "flew" around the room, enabling
everyone (in the crowd of 100 or so) who wanted to, to share their
reflections in the 10 remaining minutes.  Even better, when someone tossed
that bee, the whole crowd began to say, "buzz."  Good vibrations all around.

I also have a favorite talking stick I found when I was calling to something
to make itself known to me.  I was near my favorite meditation rock in the
desert near my home.  Looks just like a snake and is fairly long and twisted
which makes it a challenge to pack.

Christine