that is the question

Artur Silva arturfsilva at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 02:49:05 PDT 2004

Kerry

--- kerry napuk <k at napuk.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi HO, Raffi and Artur et al
>
> The major advantage of doing action planning at the
> event rests on
> people being together when motivation, creativity,
> commitment and
> ownership are at a high point.  Moreover, sometimes
> a detailed plan
> makes the actions seem real and possible, giving a
> running start to a
> project planning team. After an event, the return to
> work lives,
> organisational entropy, operational detail and
> memory fade can often
> take a punishing toll on outcomes.

Of course you are right, Kerry. It always depends on
the situation. There is space for emergence and space
for planning, depending on the concrete conditions.

Anyhow, if we do action planning at the end of one
single event we are still within the same course, but
using a different horse (method). An alternative would
be to end the first OST and have a separate second OST
(course) sometime later on "opportunities and
actions". This would be more close to "different
horses for different courses" and could eventually
reduce the fade of energy and help in the facilitation
of an OSO.

Artur

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash