A Training Project for Mentoring and Coaching Skills for Managers

Julie Denny JuliaDenny at aol.com
Wed Apr 21 00:18:40 PDT 2004

In a message dated 4/21/04 12:59:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
StanDeVeaux at peoplepc.com writes:

> Do you have any advice both on curriculum and how to write the proposal?
> Does anyone have a ****template**** for a writing a proposal?

Stan:

I'm sure there are as many templates as there are participants in this list.
Here is one for you to mull over:

The Situation: Recap of what the client told you: the problem, the makeup of
the parties, the "givens," the time constraints, and what they have said they
want.
The Proposal: What you propose to do, i.e., a plan, including goals and basic
components.  This is a proposal so you don't have to develop the entire
program for the proposal, but you do have to give the client an idea of what you
would do if you were hired.
The Timetable: How long it will take and what will get done in that time
period
The Cost: always add "plus expenses," and better yet, what that might cover,
e.g., postage, telephone, printing, mileage or other forms of travel expenses,
etc.
The Contract: Sign here and we have a deal

By the way, I'm not altogether sure this is a project for Open Space. It
sounds like they want someone to teach them skills. Others may have broader vision
than I!

Good luck!!

Julie Denny
Resolutions
People talk...people listen...things change.
Resolutions
14 Troutbeck Crescent
Amenia, NY 12501
TEL 845-373-7448