convergence: alternatives to "driving yourself dotty"

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Sun Apr 18 12:17:50 PDT 2004

Raffi--

The subject of convergence comes up pretty regularly on the OSList, so I'm
sure you can find plenty of discussion in the archives.

I used an abbreviated version of the "non-convergence" approach (reopening
the space for action planning) in a very brief Open Space meeting, just a couple
of hours.   The group self-organized to address all the topics, then we
reopened the space for action plans.   It was close to our stated closing time when
we reconvened in the circle, but participants took the time to announce
proposed actions AND express their feelings about the process.   And no one made a
move to leave, or even showed signs of restlessness.   They were delighted to
have a chance to speak up about the subject, and very excited to have some
concrete plans after a short meeting.

Joelle