So what should be done with the archieves now?

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Thu Apr 8 13:53:33 PDT 2004

tova,

while it is not possible to *make* people go through any one page before
they get into the content of the archives, it is possible to make it
*extremely* obvious and easy to get to the pages that explain about the
oslist.

so here's what i did...

-added a link to the footer of every message (see below in this one)
that goes to the OpenSpaceEmailLists page, via
http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

-added an "About the OSLIST" link to the bottom of monthly archive page
and each individual message page

-added the same "About..." link to the top of every monthly archive
page, indiv message page, and also the search, join and post/reply pages
of the archives

now, at least, it is very clear to anyone who goes and sees many pages
that we are definitely wanting to tell them "About the OSLIST".

notice that it is now possible to read along or "lurk" on more casual
basis, without actually joining the list, but simply by visiting the
main archive page and scanning the list of topics/subjects listed in the
monthly archive summary pages.  again, the way to invite friends and
colleagues to join us here is to share this (simple) web address:
http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

thanks for the question and i hope that this satisfies the need you were
pointing out.

michaelh