Hierarchies, decision making and a real-life example

Nicolai von Ertzdorff el.nicolai at web.de
Tue Apr 6 19:21:47 PDT 2004

`"...immediately privileges the
quantifiable over the qualifiable"- Indeed "tricky"!

Hi,
I always supposed it to be the other way round. To have a look on what I
want to qualify and then searching for the right scale for what I should
quantify..so, my focus implies also a "hierarchy of results, I'm getting by
fixing the scale: Meta-, meso-, or microlevel? -Quite an interesting idea,
to talk about "compounds" -I had taken in consideration the idea, that any
kind of thematically orientated process depends much on the contextual
field, which  "sourrounds" the process, taking part ,- and that even the
intention, to find out about this "fieldforces" can alterate the process a
lot... the order of interventions, techniques, questions, or statements can
change considerably, which quality of results I will get..Therefore, I find
quite interesting the way, Gestalt, or morphologic psychology deals with
"measurement"..(and of course, it's a reason,why I'm with OST also)
I like the image of dealing with "compounds"
It also sounds good to me, that it's not a solution, just to turn round the
way of (e)valuation. -Sounds, like: The very first thing, you do, is putting
out the fire and then you try to find out about it's qualities :-)
So, where can I found out more about the "standard batteries", which had
been mentioned?
Very interesting to me. I'm dealing with this principles, like "win-win-win
(the sourrounding network also wins), with trust, with a motivation
check-formula, which is a factor of intrinsic motivation in relationship to
extrinsic motivation on individuals in group orientated processes - and last
not least, a support-network of about a hundred persons.
In this moment, I'm just trying, to imagine, how there can be combined an OS
with AI summit and future search (common ground) -elements in a (physical,
not virtual) 3 1/2-day network-meeting event....(also about the
"basket/container-theme, which is present in this network also)
So, I wonder, how you would deal with this so called standard batteries in
relation to an OST-event..as there was mentioned in the beginning, there is
just a little "box of pandora" with the measurement and validation... : -)

Sincerely,
Nicolai