Multiple closing circles

Fr Brian S Bainbridge briansb at mira.net
Thu Apr 1 15:13:07 PST 2004

For Nicolai von Ertzdorff
Dear Nicolai
The line : "Passion is the best leader.  And compassion is the best
follower..." really is marvellous.
In my experience, it is always true - and when we are able - as openers
of space - to allow/evoke/enable "responsibility" to be present in that
mix, then we are always in for surprises and unexpected outcomes of
which we have never previously dreamed.
I remember a very senior Church leader at the end of a three-day open
Space event, contributing to the closing circle (talking stick) segment,
that he almost felt this event had not been Catholic - (I am a Catholic
priest) - because "there haven't been any fights;  lots of major
disagreements, but no fights".  And he was enormously complimentary to
this "seamless process" which had kept the peace and still progressed
the business at hand in very surprising fashions which have since been
implemented by those present.  Lovely stuff, I reckon.
My two cent's of contribution to the good work you are doing, Nicolai.
Cheers and blessings from Melbourne, Australia.   BRIAN
--
Fr Brian S. Bainbridge
0412 111 525