Talking tools and simultaneous OS

Ralph Copleman rcopleman at comcast.net
Wed Apr 28 04:03:11 PDT 2004

Hi,

I've used talking (and listening) sticks, branches, scarves, feathers,
bells, rocks, globes, etc.  My personal favorite is a vase.  It's a vessel
designed to carry things beautifully, and it's also a piece of the Earth
that holds space.

About ten years ago, I co-facilitated a simultaneous open space lasting one
day.  The next day the organizational leaders of the two separate groups
(all of whose members worked for the  same employer) came together in one
location to talk it all over, support actions, etc.  It was before e-mail
was popular in that company, so they used fax machines to send session
reports back and forth all during the day.  It was interesting to see a
similar list of topics in both places.  It worked just as Harrison indicated
in his earlier note on this topic.  And it was cool.

Ralph Copleman