OS at IAF conference in June -- Arizona, USA

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Tue Apr 27 15:51:33 PDT 2004

Hello, dear colleagues -

I will be hosting a forum in Open Space on peace and conflict work at
the global conference of the

International Association of Facilitators
June 17-20
(pre-conference workshops are June 16 and 17)
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA

My Open Space forum, entitled
Using Open Space Technology for Peace Work
will be all day on Saturday, June 19th.

(okay, the title came very early in the game - of course not all
participants will have used Open Space and I expect it will be a rich
series of conversations on experiences, methods, challenges and
discoveries shared by those who do peace work - it will also include
some time for folks who have *not* experienced Open Space to ask
questions and learn how to learn more about the method).

If you will be attending this conference, please do drop in!  and please
share this with others you may know who may be interested in
experiencing the method and sharing opportunities and issues about peace
and conflict work.

Here is the program description:
"Are you a peacemaker, mediator, facilitator in conflict situations? In
our work and our lives can we allow passionate expression of rage if it
comes without violence -- or do we feel we have to facilitate it away?
What tools, methods, experiences can we share? Forum convened using Open
Space Technology, itself a tool for peacemaking."

The conference is one of colleagues teaching and presenting to each
other - it is a great way to sample many approaches and topics, as most
workshops are 3 hours in length and it is a great 'buffet' of learning
and sharing.  Even if you are signed up for other workshops on that
Saturday you know that it's Open Space and you are welcome to drop in.

(When I held an Open Space at one of these IAF conferences we had all
kinds of 'special guests' including the fabulous Rob Stroober from the
Netherlands and the delightful Laura Hsu from Taiwan, among others)

The conference is also a marvelous opportunity to meet other
facilitators with shared values but diverse approaches - a delightful
chance to meet more of the global 'tribe' of people who do incredible
work for and in organizations and communities.

If you want to learn more about how to attend this conference, go to

 <http://www.iaf-world.org/> http://www.iaf-world.org/
click on the blue box to the right: the Art and Mastery of Facilitation

.and join us!  See you there,

Lisa

L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator