world-wide open-space with www support

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Tue Apr 27 00:58:46 PDT 2004

I've received a message which you can see at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minciu_sodas_en/message/4061
(I include a copy below, for convenience)

It's about http://www.bethechange.org.uk - they are organizing an event
for May 19-21, 2004 London "to explore the means of achieving true and
effective systemic change - and to make it happen!" leading up to a
much larger event in 2005.

The "espians" http://www.wtfcon.org held an OS gathering a couple of
months ago, and will be having a larger one at the end of May, also in
London.

There's a reference to OS at the end of the mess-age.  It does look
like they will be having "presenters" - I don't know how much OS there
will be.

Does anyone here have experience in multiple simultaneous open spaces
(MSOS), each of them very local, with shared results of some kind?
Could some "intermediate products" (maybe the concept is all wrong, but
I'm thinking about market-place items and maybe other things) be shared
somehow?  Maybe the final report people take home can have twice as
many pages (our group's pages and that other group's pages).  I guess
it's not the written stuff that counts, but ...

Has this (MSOS) been tried regarding Peace?  Would it have any value
other than the mere publicity?

Lucas

===
BY Andrius Kulikauskas <ms at ms.lt>, 27 de Abril, 2004 0:19 amh
===

Colin Morley,

I'm very glad to learn of your event (thanks to Ed Daniel and Chris
Macrae) http://www.bethechange.org.uk  May 19-21, 2004 London
"to explore the means of achieving true and effective systemic change -
and to make it happen!" leading up to a much larger event a year from
now.

I just want to alert you to our open laboratory Minciu Sodas
http://www.ms.lt serving and organizing independent thinkers around the
world.  We work very much in that spirit.  Perhaps we could help you
with your online presence throughout the year.  I share my letter with
our open gateway http://groups.yahoo.com/group/minciu_sodas_EN/

Currently, we're organizing an Open People network
http://www.primarilypublicdomain.org/2.html to focus our energy around
people "working openly" in the Public Domain.  We are developing an
interface WOW (Working Openly WOW) to help organize "virtual flash
mobs" by which we support events such as yours.

You might like us to provide such support, and in exchange, incorporate
some of our UK participants into your event.  In particular, the
Espians
who host WTF http://wtfcon.org might showcase their software which they
will be realizing around that time.  And perhaps you might promote
their
(and United Diversity's) event WTF 2: What's the Future!?  on May 29-30
in London as a follow-up venue for seizing on the energy that you
spark.
 I think you'll find they have very similar goals.

I'd like to connect http://www.kind.org with our soulmates
http://www.onevillage.biz who are integrating IT into holistic African
villages.  I'd like to connect Lynne Twist with Neil McEvoy of
OnDemand-Network, who aims to leverage our strategies and resources for
building large global fractal teams.
http://www.ondemand-network.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=381
(I share my letter with his group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ondemand-network).  I also think you
might
help our laboratory reach out to Islamic independent thinkers, which is
important for healing the cultural rifts in our world.  We'd like to
know how we might best do that.  Ed Daniel has put forth to us a vision
"Digital community infrastructures for Iraq".
(I share with the group we're assembling in Arabic).

During your event, I'll be in Vienna, Austria for Oekonux,
http://www.oekonux-conference.org, searching for a new economy for a
new
society inspired by the principles of open source software.  I'll be
giving a talk on "structuring infrastructure for virtual flash mobs".
Again, we might find a way to energize each other.

All of this to say, please know that there are many people who care
about your work, and think of us as working-in-parallel.  We hope we
might help each other connect with different groups of people so that
we
are all included.

Peace,

Andrius

Andrius Kulikauskas
Minciu Sodas
http://www.ms.lt
ms at ms.lt
+370 5264 5950
Vilnius, Lithuania

Chris Macrae, presumed copyright:

Each letter sent to minciu_sodas_en at yahoogroups.com
enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN whenever it does not state otherwise.
http://www.primarilypublicdomain.org/letter/
Please credit our authors!
===

Correo Yahoo! - 6MB, más protección contra el spam ¡Gratis!
http://correo.yahoo.es