OSonOS in OZ/NZ

Fr Brian S Bainbridge briansb at mira.net
Thu Apr 8 19:13:59 PDT 2004

Dear All
For the record and for sharing, we opened space here in Melbourne for
perhaps the Sixth OSonOS in this part of the world, March 17-19.  It
seemed proper to open on St Patrick's Day as Brendan McKeague - an Irish
expat - was in full and flourishing presence, as always.
Some 25 participants from all over Australia and New Zealand really
connected and engaged on a range of sessions.  The list included :

Open Space for indigenous communities.
What difference does the facilitator make?
The fears of leaders and the opportunity of OST.
Holding space - what can we do?
AI and OST for strategic planning.
Running and organization using the OST principles.
Growing spirit of OST in practitioners.
Open Space - World Peace.
Voting is antithetical to the Open Space experience.
Space as a business tool.
The Practice of Peace slides from HHO.
How to be "present' or be with/in parish/school.
OST Training & follow-up - how to do it better?
A storytelling circle of an experience of peace and OS.
Genuine Contact program as a matrix to becoming a Conscious
         Open Space Organization (COSO).
"The Passion of the Christ" is Open Space.
Circle of knowing - another way of Open Space.

All with great growth of spirit.
We will see more ways or following-up with Practice sessions here in
Melbourne and in Perth (where they started).  And there was real
learning and real engagement in every session, as always. For me. the
sessions on "Growing spirit" and "The Passion of the Christ is Open
Space" were stunning.
The next one may well be in Perth, though that's a longer way for more
people to have to travel.  We shall see.
F Y I
Cheers and blessings,   BRIAN
--
Fr Brian S. Bainbridge