Ideas wanted for book on happiness at work

Seamus McInerney seamus at crossroadsfacilitation.ie
Fri Sep 26 02:40:05 PDT 2003

Hi Alexander,
I love the concept of happiness at work.
For me it would be managers who understand that it is their job to serve
their staff and not the other way round.

Maybe "Happy Work" following the idea that less is more.

Shay

At 10:35 26/09/2003, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I need your help: I'm currently writing a book about happiness at work.
>The book is directed at both managers and employees, and should give the
>reader a better understanding of what makes people happy at work, as
>well as a lot of practical tools to use.
>
>If you were reading such a book, what would you like to see in it? Drop
>me a comment if you have any ideas - good or bad :o)
>
>The reason I ask this question on this list, is that I believe there is
>a huge overlap between opening space and being happy at work, and the
>book will explore that, as well as many other themes.
>
>Oh, and here's a bonus challenge: Can you give me a better phrase than
>"happiness at work"? In danish we have the word arbejdsglaede meaning
>workhappiness. I find it interesting that this word exists in danish
>(and swedish) and not in, say, english, french or german.
>
>The book is part of my "happiness at work" project, a non-profit, open
>source, open space organization that promotes happiness at work (more
>info here: http://www.kjerulf.com/projectshappinessatwork.htm).
>
>Cheers
>
>Alexander
>
>--
>Alexander Kjerulf
>www.kjerulf.com
>alexander at kjerulf.com
>Tagensvej 126, lejl. 102
>2200 København N.
>+45 2688 2373
>
>Trænger du til noget arbejdsglæde? Kender du nogen som gør?
>www.projektarbejdsglaede.dk
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

Crossroads Facilitation
50 Carrigdhoun, Waterpark, Carrigaline, Co. Cork
www.crossroadsfacilitation.ie
"Building bridges and getting you over them"