AW: Grief and Loss

Change Management Toolbook holger at change-management-toolbook.com
Fri Sep 12 03:56:05 PDT 2003

Dear friends from Sweden, I would like to share a few thoughts of Stephen
Gilligan on his “3rd premise”: Life is great, but sometimes it hurts like
hell

In his book “The Courage to Love”, he writes:

“The river of life brings both suffering and joy. Both are crucial to sense
and be with
When we are willing and able to be with each moment as it is –
living life on life’s terms – we sense that nothing is permanent, that
change is already occurring. We develop a skill that the Buddhists call the
agency of mindfulness
It requires a tender sobriety, a willingness to absorb
each experience and then let it go.

In effective suffering, experience changes and self-love deepens as the
heart cracks open to a deeper tenderness and centeredness. As the Buddhists
say, the heart was meant to be broken, over an over again. Not shattered,
but opened to a greater connection with self and world.”

I deeply share your grief.
Holger

Dr. Holger Nauheimer
BeraterKompetenz