pre-spacing

Tim Merry - Engage! tim at engage.nu
Mon Sep 29 09:57:56 PDT 2003

Hi there,

I have been invited into the hosting of an open space for 500 folk in the UK. This is the third time with the same org, so its is catching and expanding, and this time it is an annual gathering of one of their networked learning communities. 2 days long.

They have suggested, and my gut rebels, to do some of the workshop posting before arrival. To have the invite sent out and people offer workshops on the internet so the agenda can build in advance ...

Has anyone done anything like this before?
Has it worked?
If so .. how?
or why not?

Other than that, 500 is the largest so far for me, are there any things i should be focusing on with a group this large?

Okay,
Thanks for any help,
Tim

(remember the rapper?)