Fw: Long time lurker seeks OS input

Peter or Esther PeterEsther at Charter.net
Thu Sep 18 17:47:09 PDT 2003

Dear Peggy and OS List,

Thanks for your most informative response. We read the attachments and
reviewed the web page.

We also are responding to the entire list. Is this appropriate or should
we be communicating directly?

As it turns out last Monday evening (9/15) we took our initial idea
below to a new monthly Open Space event here in Western North Carolina
-- in the Smoky Mountains, in Asheville, NC -- sponsored by Spirit In
The Smokies, an alternative & spiritual magazine we have here.

Two of the market place groups dealt with this topic. In the third pass
of the evening about 15 of us decided to meet next Monday evening to
follow up on an alternative to organized religion.

Also, the two of us, at the urging of some other list members attended a
Quaker (Friends) meeting last Sunday and found it somewhat satisfying
but still short on OS philosophy.

As our group progresses we will make them aware of this email and the
web page.

However, we have one question that perhaps you can shed some light on.
In looking to create an alternative to organized religion most of us are
trying to get away from hierarchy (ministers, practitioners and "proper"
organization.)

Our question: is your program too far along for it to be useful to an
exploratory process such as we are about? Your process obviously
reflects where you have evolved to. In great respect and appreciation,
we wonder if the kernel isn't as far as we should go as we start to
evolve, relying on ourselves to step through our own process. Perhaps
you have some insight into this question?

Warmly,
Peter and Esther Fisher