outcomes

chris macrae wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 00:10:33 PST 2003

We invite people to participate in this group inquiry relating to
schools of meta-disciplinary excellence, and humanly preferred futures
of the post-industrial age, and other minor issues of humanitarian good
faith

Who do you feel your discipline's most brilliant person of the 20th C
and did they have one foremost opinion on how humankind should
structure/systemise the global/local networking/real revolution that is
emerging all around us?

or just post an answer any time to com-truth at yahoogroups.com

For example, today I am attending the centenary commemoration of John
von Neumann at Greenwich, partly because my father the biographer of
Johnny is speaking (footnote).

Mathematicians regard von Neumann as the origin of collaborative
computing- the truth for most future breakthroughs in maths. It was his
view that a networked world should change the life of patents to last 3
weeks at most. His point was that any company issuing a valuable patent
would, in an elearning age, be the hub of such a value multiplying
network of excellence, that 3 weeks lead would be quite enough to
exploit the next big leaps forward in collaborative partnership
formation, at least for anyone truly interested in innovation rather
than blocking progress for humankind

Chris Macrae, wcbn007 at easynet.co.uk , www.valuetrue.com
Co-author in 1984 of The 2024 Report- a future history of the first 40
years of being globally & locally networked

2005 Timeline chapter 6:
By 2005, the gap in income and expectations between the rich and poor
nations was recognised to be man's most dangerous problem. (The
necessary resolution was not a conception of policy-making governments,
but emerged from the first computerised town meeting of the world)

PS in 1984 my father and I didn't know of the martini invention of OS,
otherwise we would have re-edited the last sentence to make a cocktail
of real and virtual debating space.