help, please

florian fischer florianfischer at ff-wey.com
Thu Nov 20 08:16:48 PST 2003

Am 18.11.2003 22:20 Uhr schrieb "Julie Smith" unter
<jsmith at mosquitonet.com>:

Sometimes I think I'm terribly
> slow and dim-witted, but I don't know how else to move forward except by
> fully entering the question that appears in front of me.  Even when I
> think I've got something figured out, it cycles back again and I realize
> I have more work to do.  Thank you, everyone, for providing this space
> for reflection, sharing, support, and learning.
>
> Julie

dear julie
thank you for the enriching echo !
» terribly slow ..« ??
that´s one of the best you can become.
be glad about.
florian

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:47:02 -0800
To: OSLIST <OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU>
From: Ashley Cooper <ashcooper at earthlink.net>
Subject: misunderstandings (was Re: help, please)

Julie,

Thank you for letting us all join in on your learning process.

"my concern is almost always about relationships. I find myself wanting to
support
efforts to communicate more effectively, to help people transcend the
misunderstandings that are impeding their understanding of each other."

This statement resonates greatly with me. Relationships. Such power lies in
the space between and around a relationship. To me, your words really
communicate a Practice of Peace...for it is in those misunderstandings that
chaos, conflict, and confusion arise. I think the use of the word impeding
is so strong and appropriate. I imagine a horse galloping into/charging
upon the various perspectives, shattering "the understanding of each
other." Little pieces of each person's/party's understanding scatter in all
directions, creating the chaos of the misunderstanding. And for an outside
person to hold the space, support efforts for communication, and help
people move beyond the misunderstanding...What a beautiful practice!

"Sometimes I think I'm terribly slow and dim-witted"
it's always nice to hear people who articulate themselves as well as you
do, julie, admit their slowness and dim-wittedness! what a bore it would be
to ALWAYS be on-it, to have it all "figured out".

"Thank you, everyone, for providing this space for reflection, sharing,
support, and learning."

ashley