Dissertations/Thesis/Journals

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Sat Nov 15 08:38:25 PST 2003

Help Please!

I am putting together a list of materials about OST for the
"Collaborative Research" event at the end of the month.  I know there
are many things I do not know about.

I do know of the following unpublished Dissertations or Master's Thesis
by

Biver, Nancie: An Approach to Community-University Partnerships:
Discoveries on the Road to America's Promise,
Dixon, Elaine. "Open Space Technology: A Large-Group Approach to
Whole-System Change".
Norris, Richard. "A Grounded Theory Study On The Value Associated With
Using Open Space Technology",
Olsen, Linda. "Open Space Technology and Self-Organization: A Case
Study,
Walker Daniel, Marlene. An Ethnographic Study of an Open Space
Technology Meeting: Self-Organization at Work.

Have you written or do you know of others at the Masters or Doctoral
Level? Would you send me the author, title, University, location and
date?

Also, do you know of any articles about OST in "refereed" journals --
academic journals?  I know there have been many popular articles but I
hunch not many in refereed ones that look specifically at Open Space
from a "research" perspective.  Again, I would like the full citation.

I'll make the bibliography I'm developing available to all of you when
it's ready.

The results I mentioned previously on the list of the positive
contribution of a change processes using "Open Space" on an Employee
Survey are really quite stunning and I am writing that one up with my
wife (an academic) so that will hopefully be a contribution when its
done.

Thanks!

Larry

Larry Peterson