Change Management (long)

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Fri Nov 14 20:04:18 PST 2003

Hi Holger,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ANSWER!!!!

I did a lot of trainings starting 1995 after my TOT course in JHU,
Baltimore, US. And I do thinkg people need trainings and many other tools
for learning and what I love best - is learning by doing, as training looks
like reading many books... which could give you knowledge... in advance, but
if you don't need it at once, you will forget it or will not know where to
use at your workplace...

I did have a small chat with Alena and we get into agreement that we need
meet one day and it looks like, that I'm going to provide OS in Moscow
somewhere on 22-24 of December... so probably it could be a chance to meet
personally. I was invited ... though there is nobody who can do OS in
Moscow... thanks to my friend, who recomend me... so let it be!

I do like your web site and it gives a lot of materials and thoughts...

the reason I asked this question and THANK you VERY MUCH for your answer -
is that living in Siberia... without credit cards which allow to get books
from Amazon.com... and having even no need for it as our salaries give only
chance to survive.... I got ALL my learnings about books and new ideas
through my friends and books they give me... so I'm not sure, that I do know
literature, which could be classics and new NOW.

I do provide Future Search and even give training for 6 trainer in OS in
Irkutsk, and looking attantively what and how is it possible to use AI,
though I'm not sure I know all the details of it, except Peggy Holman and
Tom Devane book "Change Handbook...", though it looks familiar for me, as we
used 4D in the workshop "Organizational Development"...

In our country we had a boom in management books, and we do have much more
books which are translated in Russian, including 5th discipline, which I
tried to read but did not succeed yet, and I do tell about learning
organizations for students, and it looks close to Change management for me
in a sense which I put in it --- learning not only to quck adapting to the
change in the world around but making your dreams happen... so THANK you
again, I will study, what do I know from your list and will follow my
learning...

best wishes

elena